Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quilts

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday.  I wanted to show off a few quilts I have in my house. All the quilts were made by people in my family.  The first three quilts were made by my sister-in-law and given to my children when they graduated high school.
My oldest daughters quilt. I love the colors.





Close up of one of the quilt blocks.



My sons quilt has all his favorite things. 
Raspberries, fast food,  sports, and lots more.
Youngest daughters flip flop quilt. For all those summers she spent at the beach.
Aren't the flip flops cute.
Y2K quilt my mother-in-law made for my husband.  He works on computers. The little bugs are for when your computer has a bug. :-)

                                Here are some quilts my Grandma made for my kids.
Wednesday likes this one. 




This is one of my favorite quilts. My sister gave this to me for Christmas last year. Years ago my Grandma gave my Mom seven unfinished quilts that she had gotten from her Mom. My sister took all seven quilts and finished them.  There are seven kids in my family, we each received one for Christmas. Wow what a nice gift.


All is good Lucy approves!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Rolleen,
    Your blog is coming along nicely!
    Love that the quilts all have a special meaning for each of your family members.
    Keep the good work up .

    Tubby Gene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are beautiful and to have the memories as well!
    I came over from Quilted Turtle...saw your comment ,thought I would check it out. Your house is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete